Recognize these Vytorin side effects and decide if your doctor is treating your high cholesterol or injuring your health?
Vytorin is actually the trade name of this drug which is used by doctors to lower the levels of cholesterol in the blood. To be more specific the effect of Vytorin is upon the HDL cholesterol, which has also earned a disreputable moniker for itself- BAD cholesterol.
The active ingredient or generic name of Vytorin is Slimvastatin or Ezetimibe.
The clinical trials (1) conducted on this particular drug Vytorin revealed that almost 5 % of the volunteers were forced to stop the further usage of this drug due to the severity of their Vytorin side effects.
The clinical trials are always done in a much more controlled and steady environment as compared to the real-life prescribing and consumption of the same drug.
This can be explained in simple terms that the Vytorin side effects if any may be more severe and widespread in real-life prescription usage due to the disparity in the health conditions of the patients as compared to the volunteers.
This finally brings us to the glaring fact that Vytorin’s side effects are probably more severe and more prevalent than the FDA would like us all to believe.
In case you were not previously aware of the side effects created by Vytorin (2) then read on to get all the details you need to know about it. The information you will find here will not only offer a guide that will inform and educate you but also suggest a practical solution to avoiding Vytorin side effects too.
Overall Vytorin side effects:
- Sensation of weakness or fatigue. Lack of energy to do even simple tasks
- Infections which come on repeatedly like Sinusitis, infections of upper respiratory tract, infections of urinary tract, bronchitis and Influenza
- Oedema and swelling of the entire body
- Development of Steven-Jones syndrome
- Anaphylaxis reactions
Systemic side effects of vytorin:
- Infections of the GIT like gastritis.
- Bowel disorders like constipation and diarrhea
- Digestive problems like bloating, flatulence and regurgitation of the food that is eaten.
- Skin issues like development of eczema or allergic rashes, which itch terribly and may or may not be associated with redness and swelling of the body. Also there may be a huge variety of skin problems like discolorations, formation of nodules etc.
- Severe side effects of vytorin like atrial fibrillation or cardiac involvement necessitate urgent medical attention.
- Rhabdomyolysis is another indication to stop using Vytorin immediately
- Hepatitis, liver damage and jaundice are some of the very grave side effects of vytorin
- Neurological involvement is diagnosed by the development of Paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy, inability to remember or memorize things, dizziness and attacks of fainting
Taking these statins in general or vytorin in particular for managing your cholesterol levels is fine only until you do not recognize the dangers associated with it.
But now that you are aware and educated regarding the vytorin side effects, you cannot go on without pausing to think.
Why should you try for cholesterol management with such toxic drugs when you can readily have safer and harmless alternatives? Opting for a safer alternative approach for keeping your cholesterol under optimum levels, would help you prevent suffering from such unwanted side effects.